New IDC publication: "Interoperable slide microscopy viewer and annotation tool for imaging data science and computational pathology"

I am very happy and proud to announce that a publication about Slim viewer is now available online!

Gorman, C., Punzo, D., Octaviano, I., Pieper, S., Longabaugh, W. J. R., Clunie, D. A., Kikinis, R., Fedorov, A. Y. & Herrmann, M. D. Interoperable slide microscopy viewer and annotation tool for imaging data science and computational pathology. Nature Communications 14, 1–15 (2023). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-023-37224-2

Acceptance of this paper is the recognition of the efforts of the team led by Markus Herrmann @hackermd developing this open source viewer. Congratulations, Markus!

It is also, in my view, an independent external validation of the principles adopted in Imaging Data Commons in utilizing DICOM for data harmonization and interoperability.

Slim development is supported by IDC, and this is the viewer used in IDC to support visualization of microscopy imaging data.

IDC is as much about image data as it is about what you can do with that data within IDC and within the cloud. Slim is one of the tools we have been developing to help you explore and visualize IDC data. You can use it with the data we have in IDC, but, as is the case with every single piece of software we develop as part of this project, it is publicly available so you can also use it within your own project and with your own DICOM data.

2 Likes

Congratulations to the team!

1 Like